Mecury Racing 520 Sterndrive Engine
The 520 HP is Mercury Racing’s lowest model in terms of horsepower, but its features and capabilities are nothing close to entry level. A great low cost sterndrive engine with 2-year limited factory warranty.
Mercury Joystick Piloting technology is now available for the popular Mercury Racing 520 sterndrive. The naturally aspirated engine provides recreational boaters a cost effective power option that fits nicely, in both value and performance, between the MerCruiser 8.2L MAG HO and Mercury Racing 540. The low-cost sterndrive engine features digital throttle and shift (DTS) and of course is backed by an unprecedented two-year limited factory warranty. Joystick Piloting will be available on select 520 models featuring Mercury Racing Bravo Three XR drives.
Applications require through transom exhaust. Optional X-haust Noise Reducer Kit available.
- HORSEPOWER: 520 (388 kW)
- FULL THROTTLE RPM RANGE: 4800-5200
- DISPLACEMENT LITER/C.I.D: 8.6/523
- BORE (IN/MM): 4.56/115.8
- STROKE (IN/MM): 4.00/101.6
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 8.7:1
- CYLINDERS: V-8
- ALTERNATOR (AMP/WATT)65/917
- IGNITION TYPE: PCM
- FUEL SYSTEM: Sequential Fuel Injection
- FUEL REQUIREMENTS: 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2), (91 RON) Global
- DRIVE UNIT: Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master (std. & short), Bravo Three XR; (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- GEAR RATIO: Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master (std. & short), 1.35:1, 1.50:1, Bravo Three XR, 1.65:1, 1.81:1 or 2.00:1
- LENGTH(in/mm): 34.2/869 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- WIDTH(in/mm): 33.8/858
- HEIGHT(in/mm): 24.2/615
- WEIGHT(lbs/kg): 1218/553 (Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive)
- WARRANTY: 2-Year limited factory warranty for recreational boating