Mercury Racing 540 Sterndrive Engine
Bored 8.6 liter multiport fuel injected V8, 540 HP from Mercury Racing. The 540 sterndrive engine provides unmatched low-end and mid-range torque getting you where you want to be..FAST. A great durable sterndrive engine with 2-year limited factory warranty.
The 8.6L 540 features a CNC machined cylinder block packed with Mercury Racing designed components
The naturally aspirated engine replaces the veteran 8.2L 525 EFI. Digital throttle and shift provides the operator with an intuitive control experience, including a balanced crankshaft, forged and shot-peened I-beam connecting rods and forged aluminum pistons. A carburized hardened camshaft is used for enhanced durability. Performance cam profiles, combined with larger valves, flow more air through the engine for greater power and torque. Increased displacement, combined with enhanced airflow, results in unprecedented mid-range punch and consistent pull through the engine rpm range. Closed cooling and twin-walled stainless steel headers protect the engine from the corrosive salt water environment
The 540 complies with EPA emissions requirements. CARB (California Air Resources Board) emissions compliant models are available upon special request.
- HORSEPOWER: 540 (403 kW)
- FULL THROTTLE RPM RANGE: 5000-5400
- DISPLACEMENT LITER/C.I.D: 8.6/523
- BORE (IN/MM): 4.56/115.8
- STROKE (IN/MM): 4.00/101.6
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 8.7:1
- CYLINDERS: V-8
- ALTERNATOR (AMP/WATT): 65/917
- IGNITION TYPE: PCM
- FUEL SYSTEM: Sequential Fuel Injection
- FUEL REQUIREMENTS: 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2), (91 RON) Global
- DRIVE UNIT: Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- GEAR RATIO1.35:1, 1.50:1
- LENGTH(IN/MM): 34.2/869 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- WIDTH(IN/MM): 33.8/858
- HEIGHT(IN/MM): 24.2/615
- WEIGHT(LBS/KG): 1150/522 (Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive).
- WARRANTY: 2-Year limited factory warranty for recreational boating