The 540 features a CNC machined cylinder block with Mercury Racing designed components, including a balanced crankshaft, forged and shot-peened I-beam connecting rods and forged aluminum pistons.
A carburized hardened camshaft is used for enhanced durability. Performance cam profiles, combined with larger valves, flow more air through the engine for greater power and torque. 523 cubic inches, combined with enhanced airflow, results in mid-range punch and consistent pull through the engine rpm range.
- FULL THROTTLE RPM RANGE 5000-5400
- DISPLACEMENT LITER/C.I.D 8.6/523
- STROKE (IN/MM) 4.00/101.6
- ALTERNATOR (AMP/WATT) 65/917
- FUEL SYSTEM Sequential Fuel Injection
- FUEL REQUIREMENTS 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2), (91 RON) Global
- DRIVE UNIT Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- GEAR RATIO 1.35:1, 1.50:1
- LENGTH(IN/MM) 34.2/869 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- WEIGHT (LBS/KG) 1150/522 (Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive).
- WARRANTY 2-Year Limited for Recreational Boating